... not the bad ones, which I possess in magnitude, but the ones nuns wear. Or used to. Whatever.
Fr. Longenecker did a cheeky little post listing the pros and cons of wearing a cassock. So I decided to list the pros and cons of wearing a habit. Or the pros and cons as perceived by me; some one who has never worn a habit. Remember I am not a real nun, I only play one on the Internet. hhhmmm. That could be applied to a few blogs... I am not a real pope, I only play on the Internet. I am not a real Catholic... you get the idea. Yes, I behave spitefully when ill.
Where was I, oh yes...
1. I look fabulous in black
2. I'd never again have to ask "whatever shall I wear today?!"
3. color sorting laundry is a non issue
4. You can pack for trips in 5 minutes
5. Wimples and veils can disguise a bad hair day
6. You can hide fire arms in there
7. or smuggle baked goods
8. food stains blend in with a black one
9. one size fits all
10. and lastly, men will look at your face when talking to you
1. you can't vamp up a habit with kitten heel pumps
2. people will stop you and probably ask stupid questions
3. like "are you in a cult?"
4. or "are Catholics Christians?"
5. say good-bye to evening wear
6. that's a lot of fabric to iron
7. the veil gets caught in everything
8. that's a lot of fabric to trip over
9. or get snagged on something
10. and wearing one won't give you powers of flight.