Thursday, February 05, 2009

commemoration of the Holy woman Martyr Agatha...


Your lamb Agatha, calls out to You, O Jesus, in a loud voice: "I love You, my Bridegroom, Bridegroom, and in seeking You I endure endure suffering. In baptism I was crucified so that I might reign in You, and I died so that I might live with You. Accept me as a pure sacrifice, for I have offered offered myself in love." Through her prayers save our souls, since You are merciful.


May the Church be robed today in a garment of glorious porphyry, dyed by the pure blood of the martyr Agatha, and let us cry out: "Rejoice, pride of Catania!"


Dan Hunter said...

In the Roman Martyrology we read that the evil pagans cut St Agathas breasts off during her torture.

St Agatha, Ora pro nobis.

Mimi said...

Holy St. Agatha pray to God for us.

My mom is a two time breast cancer survivor, and I tend to think of St. Agatha as praying for her.

Thomas Shawn said...

Dan -

Yeah I was going to mention that crime against St Agatha.

That used to be the favorite of the Marcos Regime in the Philippines, all sponsored by the U.S. Gov't of course.