Wednesday, February 25, 2009

pro-choice=no choice...

... why use the term "pro-choice" when obviously every aspect of abortion is lacking the fundamentals that make it a true choice. Babies in-utero have no choice and women who consider abortion do so because they feel like they have no other choice.

My friend has suspended communications with me.

Calls are left un-returned and emails are not responded to. I still email her every day and send her links letting her know about her babies development. I am careful not to mention being ignored. My voice mails are upbeat expressing my enthusiasm for her pregnancy and telling her I can't wait to be an aunt. And I pray.

But I am worried. She is still living with the father of her child and he is pressuring her to abort. He is the one she talks to everyday... not me. Last we spoke, he is filling her head with the typical lies of abortion. They don't have the money for a child, they aren't ready, they'll be bad parents because they aren't financially stable, it's cruel to bring a child into a hopeless world blah blah blah. I am afraid she is starting to give his arguments credence.

He has even blamed her for the pregnancy, which boggles the mind, because the birth control was her responsibility. As her friend I hate this man, he is a f***er. As a Catholic I must love him and pray for him. Maybe even pity him.

I am exasperated and worried. Please continue to pray for her.

10 comments:

TheSeeker said...

In my opinion, her silence means she knows you're right. But she probably is still considering the abortion because she doesn't see any other options. Maybe you could send her links that are for unwed mothers? Help groups? IDK. Such a sad situation.

Carolina Cannonball said...

Seeker, that is an excellent idea. I hadn't thought of that. She is only 8 weeks pregnant so is probably with out symptoms yet so the life inside her is still too abstract for her to comprehend. She is also not religious so convicting through that method might not be as effective as showing her there is an alternative!

Thank you immensely. I am off to look up resources for her in her area!

Mary Rose said...

Glad you got some good ideas, there. I'll be praying. God bless you for being a witness to her.

Chris said...

I will pray a rosary on my way to Mass later and remember her and her child.
I am an adoptive parent...I gurantee there are thousands of couples and families who would adopt this woman's baby. Maybe knowing that still wouldn't convince her, but it is true.

Paula in MN said...

I'm praying, and I'll second what Chris commented above me. Not only that, but as a woman who is unable to have any more children...I'd be happy to adopt!

Angela M. said...

Tell her that baby's heart is already beating. Use biology - noobody can argue with scientific facts. I will pray.

Jason Rossignol said...

Prayers are on the way! All things are possible with Christ.

berenike said...

I would go with the "help the imagination" method - make the alternatives real, and seem real. Can you offer her anything yourself?

(You've already got a concrete adoption offer in this combox!)

Joe of St. Thérèse said...

Prayers being offered.

MamaMidwife said...

I love that you call a spade a spade (f***er) and ALSO point out that we should pray for him.

And I like that you have no problem swearing where appropriate.

Love the blog. Will pray for you friend and an end to abortion.

MM