Thursday, March 26, 2009

deep thoughts from a community college student...

... community college is not exactly a bastion of profound thought. Case in point; last night over a beaker full of copper sulfate a fellow lab mate disclosed her relief that she was not expected to dissect a frog in her nursing anatomy and physiology class. I let you ponder the profound absurdity of that for a moment...


Ok, I thought, I'll bite; and proceeded to ask her what exactly her objections were. "It's against my religion!" she defended. Really, I asked, what religion is that?

Her answer..."Vegetarianism!"

5 comments:

Donna said...

So . . . I guess she would have objections to the surgeon who could potentially save her life; I'm certain he didn't get to medical school without some form of animal experimentation.

Angela M. said...

I could hear your guffaw all the way over in western Canada!

kired said...

There is nothing like having a religion.

kired said...

There is nothing like having a religion.

Sarah (JOT) said...

Oh for carrot'sakes!