Monday, April 27, 2009

disney's Earth movie in review...

... or screw you, Disney!

Instead of Disney's recurring theme of dead mothers and traumatized babies; this time it's dead babies and traumatized mothers.

Yes Disney, we get it. Nature is savage, it's wild. yada yada yada. However; it doesn't have a male voice over mentally manipulating you either. We walked out as the pride of 30 lions gnawed on a screaming elephant much to the horror of the cringing audience and crying traumatized children.

This movie was advertised as a sweet little nature film with fuzzy baby animals... what you get instead is 2 hours of global warming indoctrination guilt ridden enough to get Al Gore aroused... and dead baby animals. over and over and over again.

This movie had a very clear agenda... baby animals die and it's clearly all our fault!

7 comments:

Adrienne said...

I'm still recovering from Bambi which so traumatized me that it caused my Mom to write a letter to Disney complaining.

Screaming elephants?? OMGosh!! I would have to be sedated. I get circle of life and all that crap --- I just don't want to see it...

Lola said...

CC you've summed up my feelings for Disney movies perfectly.

But, I was hoping this time it would be different and I was planning on taking the darlings to see the new Disney Earth movie.

I can't tell you how grateful I am for your review.

TheSeeker said...

Sounds just like March of the Penguins. Mom and I just sat there and cried for 2 hours. IDK why we didn't just turn the darn thing off :-( I had a feeling this would be more of the same.

mclaurin said...

Oh, am I glad I didn't go see this. I was practically on my way out the door when I stopped to read your review! Thanks for the info.

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen the movie, but all the clips in the ads look like they're straight from the Planet Earth series, which is a very good series even if it does show some rough death scenes. I don't have kids, but can understand why this would be upsetting for them.
Angela

Carolina Cannonball said...

it wasn't just all the death... it was the global warming indoctrination and mental manipulation.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this review. I was thinking of taking my 6-year old daughter to see it -- the trailer having convinced me it would be nice and fuzzy. You saved me 15 bucks in tickets and thousands of dollars in psychological therapy.

Seems to me that violence is violence, fictional or not. If it's a violent film, it shouldn't have a G rating.

GC in DC