Friday, April 24, 2009

me... in a tent...

... oh, the humanity. I am minutes from walking out the door to take my son on his first ever boy scout camping trip. Naturally it's gearing up to the hottest weekend on record for this time of year.

Don't get me wrong, nature is great and all. I like trees and crap but I like central air conditioning and indoor plumbing way better. Did I mention I'll be in a tent sleeping on the floor... with no electricity.

I hope my sons realizes the depth of my love for him.

12 comments:

Adrienne said...

Arrrrrgh. There's probably spiders and snakes running around, too

kired said...

It builds character.

Some of the best stories to tell indoors are adventures in the wild.

kired said...

Dear CC may be you are aware, there are Traditional and Liberal ways of camping.

http://www.angeluspress.org/oscatalog/item/8321/the-boy-camper

Fr. Erik Richtsteig said...

I sense some good Cannonball Cartoons coming out of this.

Nancy said...

My sympathies! I'm not a camper either! I think I'd rather stick needles in my eyes!

Charlie said...

Have fuuuun!

USMC 9971 said...

I'm jealous; I need to wait two months yet before my daughter and I go camping.

If you really would rather not camp, though, I'd advise bringing MREs and whiskey. The MREs remove the stress of cooking, and the whiskey removes all of the other stresses.

Vincenzo said...

click me

kired said...

Vincenzo:

Sweet!

Marco de Puna said...

Well, at last you get to be in absolute total control of the S'mores:)

Cathy_of_Alex said...

I hope you met Armand Assante.

cordelia said...

you poor thing, as my mamma always said, "there's a special place in heaven for Mr. Carrier."
i hate trying to sleep when it's hot.