Friday, June 05, 2009

it has been decided....

... the next crescat contest will be Ugliest Church Art. More details to follow later.


Angela M. said...

I can't wait to showcase my church!

The Digital Hairshirt said...

Oooh! Oooh! It is finally time to showcase St. Joseph's famed mural of the Risen Lord, aka "Boner Jesus" locally!

Ellyn said...

Oh, if I only had my camera when visiting my sister's parish somewhere in the north of Wisconsin. The The corpus appears to be either soft sculpture and some approximation thereof, as designed by a third grader.

Terry Nelson said...

I already know who the winner/loser will be - Hrdlicka's decapitated monstrosity in Vienna.

LarryD said...

I'm rooting for the barefoot cool jivin' Jesus statue.

kired said...

so I get it that ugly Church means the decorations inside

Marco de Puna said...

Ooohhhh this will be lots of fun!

Categories will abound:

Ugliest church overall
Ugliest exterior architecture
Ugliest interior

Special mentions for:
Ugliest altar
Ugliest sanctuary
Ugliest Station of the Cross
Ugliest tabernacle
Ugliest art work
Ugliest reredos/ or facsimle
Ugliest crucifix
Ugliest sacred vessels (chalice & paten)
Ugliest ambo
Ugliest baptismal font
Ugliest stained glass windows

I can go on and on....

Oh sweetie, this will be such a fun summer, thanks!!!!

Hope you are doing well. You're in my prayers.

Jane said...

Ooo--I know what my submission will be. Hehehe.

Thomas L. said...

Can we submit more than once? I know of two things off the top of my head that could probably be posted.

Carolina Cannonball said...

sure, thomas. I will post more details later. The contest will probably start mid-summer with the taking of nominations for 2 weeks.

that way the voting will coincide with the end of summer semester where I will have some down time to devote to it.

TCN said...

Does a very expensive baptismal font that looks just like a toilet bowl, complete with running water, sound like something that has a chance? It's in a horrid huge airplane hanger of a worshiptorium and still bears no relationship to the ugly architecture. Oh, this is going to be fun indeed.

Carolina Cannonball said...