Sunday, June 21, 2009

man lace and biretta sighting...


The blur in front is Fr. Kowalski of Holy Angels in Mt. Airy, followed by Fr. Parkerson of Sacred Heart in Dunn, and lastly Fr. Ferguson.



... mass at Our Lady of Grace in Greensboro, NC. I wish I had gotten pictures of them processing in... beautiful vestments with the Sacred Heart of Jesus!

Of course, true to form, I can't go anywhere with out incident. I arrived at Our Lady of Grace after a two hour car ride and my son had to use the restroom. The line for the single restroom was long so an usher had pity on me and told me to follow him... up on the altar and into the sacristy where three priests, two subdeacons and a myriad of altar servers where vesting. I was mortified!

Naturally, my son thought it was coolest thing ever and started asking them what they were doing and could he light the incense.

16 comments:

Dan Hunter said...

Hi Crescat,

Hope you are doing well.

I saw you and your son at Mass.

When ya gotta go, ya gotta go.

Thanks for making that arduous trip.

That priest in the middle is Father Paul Parkerson of Sacred Heart church in Dunn.

You'd look great in a veil.
You ought to wear one at Mass.

Carolina Cannonball said...

thanks for filling in that bit of info. I had a veil with me but i forgot the bobby pins to keep it in place so I passed this time. next time say hi.

Terry said...

Is that Fr. Robert Ferguson of the FSSP? He was our psator in Tulsa for too short a time.

What a holy priest! And can he play the pipe organ! WOW!

Cliff said...

More lace = more grace! Its in the CCC

kired said...

it would be great if the Boy gets to be a server.

Smiley said...

YOur son got a chance to see something traditional. Believe me it will have a massive imapct on his spiritual leanings. '
What sort of mischief is the lil one up to these days

Carolina Cannonball said...

Terry, one in the same!

Mimi said...

That's so sweet, what a blessing for him

Charlie Jackson said...

Hahaa, it was a beautiful mass. Wish I had run into you afterwards - didn't know you would be there!

Carolina Cannonball said...

I was undercover. ;-)

Quince22mag said...

Wonderful set!!

Angela M. said...

This will make a GREAT story to tell at the reception after his ordination!

Terry Nelson said...

Yeah - I think this was his first call to the priesthood. He won't forget that experience.

Philip Gerard Johnson said...

thanks for the great post!

Mrs. T said...

Lovely! We don't have the gorgeous church architecture out at St. Dorothy's in Lincolnton, but we do have the lace and the birettas and the smells and the bells on a regular basis. My kids do eat it up.

Come out and visit us sometime.

Mitch said...

Just saw Fr. Furguson in Idaho recently. Filling in at a FSSP parish there, didn't hear any organ playing but we did hear some mighty powerful preaching