Wednesday, September 16, 2009

from your donations...

... I was able to purchase my stethoscope and pressure cuff, a pair of nursing shoes, 2 sets of scrubs, The Boy's Wolf Scout uniform and a three month supply of my heart medication.

I thank you sincerely for your generosity. Your donations helped with my immediate needs and for that I am abundantly grateful.

Now, wasn't that more fulfilling than helping a faceless charity that will inundate you with junk mail and you are uncertain what portion of your funds actually makes it to the deserving recipient. Rest assured, 100% of your donations goes to me.

5 comments:

Sarah - Kala said...

It's fantastic you did so much with your donations. I wish I could have sent something to you, too. But I will say, your cub scout can get help from his pack or district. In the past six or seven years, our family has donated money for the Friends for Scouting . . . I'd be willing to send you this years amount to help your boy further along, rather than cut the check to a local district here. I have two sons, both Boy Scouts. You can email me at Sarahs.Journey(at)yahoo.com if you are interested . . . if your boy has all he needs, perhaps you could still use a donation? God bless you!!

Fr. Erik Richtsteig said...

Very fulfilling. Especially since we know that THE BOY was able to use the stethoscope to listen to flatulence.

Mary Ellen said...

Wonderful! I'm a new blogger here and didn't notice the donation button on your sidebar (sorry). If I ever get a job, I'll be happy to donate to you. In the meantime, all I can do is offer a few prayers on your behalf, which will start with this afternoon's Chaplet at 3:00.

Fr. Erik Richsteig...LOL! Love that comment. :-D

Thom Curnutte said...

(Don't be fooled- there's junk mail. Every animated Mary prayer that you don't send to 20 people that she gets she passes on to every donor.)

The Digital Hairshirt said...

Damn, girlie, I sent you that money for liquor and ciggies! Don't go wasting it!