Tuesday, December 08, 2009

making friends...

... yesterday in the campus computer lab before class last night I had the pleasure of sharing desk space with a nice young man who proceeded to hum and sing under breath while I was trying to complete some assignments. Obviously to my stink eye and and the annoyed scowl I was wearing, finally I asked him "So, do you take request?". This tender young boy niave to sarcasm chirped back "Sure! What would you like to hear?!". My reply...

"Do you know 'Shut the hell up'? It's a great song. It starts with you shutting the hell up."

8 comments:

Mark M said...

Try this, Track 6:
http://www.catholic-rap.com/music-thesauri.html
-similar sentiment... :D

Mike in CT said...

Be careful. Marriages have resulted from such beginnings...



Mwahahahahaha!!!!!

(And how about this for irony? The Big Brother Blogger prompted "nosyist" for my word verification.)

Mwahahahahaha!!!!!

nazareth priest said...

Oh, that's just nasty...did you hurt his feelings? Was he emotionally abused?:<)!
But, I do understand. Community life does bring its challenges; especially when they won't "Shut the hell up!"

shussong said...

Some folks just have absolutely NO PERCEPTION on how inconsiderate they are, until you confrontthemwith it...and unfortunately sometimes you just can't approach them with a charitable spirit.

When I find myself losing my patience I always remember the story of St Therese and how one of the nuns she prayed with made a continual clicking noise--maybe dentures--and how it drove her absolutely CRAZY.. and she is a SAINT...

The Crescat said...

Mike, yes that is precisely how I flirt and woo. Might explain why I am still single.

Walburga said...

My father's 'request': Sing "Far, Far Away"

Tim J. said...

Oh, no you di'int!!

Lee Gilbert said...

You could have requested "Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence" but perhaps that would have been too subtle.