Tuesday, January 05, 2010

readers ask...

what does "Crescat" mean?

It's from the proclamation "vivat, crescat, floreat!" which translates into "live, grow, and flourish!" Since I am always trying to grow in faith I thought the title apropos. This blog has been an illustration of that growth, or in many instances a lack there of.

Do you wear a veil to the NO Mass? If not, why not?

No I don't wear a veil. Period. As fire prone as I am, it's just one more thing to burst into flames as I try to light votive candles at mass.

What is the capital of Montana?

Helena. And yes, I had to google it.

Are they real?

I used to think they were, until I got medication and came to the realization that most of my friends are indeed very imaginary. Wait, what were you thinking of? Hmmm.

7 comments:

TCN said...

Chapel veil, just on top, prevents many flame-outs. I'm just sayin', if it was good enough for grandma, it's good enough for us, too.

Old Bob said...

Soak the veil in the holy water and it won't catch fire, plus you'll be rebaptizing yourself. ;-)

Angela M. said...

Or a nice hat! I can so see you wearing a beret!

margaret said...

Wise, wise woman. I had a beautiful ivory needlelace mantilla once (well actually I think it was an long triangular Edwardian collar) and I wore it to the midnight liturgy at Pascha and there I was holding a nice, long beeswax taper, smelling burning hair (nasty) and wondering what idiot had set herself on fire…

Terry Nelson said...

Please don't let Angela dress you.

The Crescat said...

Terry... no fear. *whisper* I hear she wears birkenstocks. Gasp! I Know!

Mimi said...

I wear a handkerchif type.