Wednesday, April 21, 2010

it's a Papist Party...

... Ok, I think the correct terminology is "blognic" ... but all the cool kids will be there.

Are you attending the Pontifical Mass at DC's National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception this Saturday? Then why not join me and several other bloggers and quasi celebrities, even if in their own mind, for some socializing.... drinking guaranteed to ensue. Hilarity is to be had.

If you plan to attend and you would like to get together drop me a line.

the_crescat@yahoo.com

Rumor has it Fr. Z will be in attendance and so will these gentlemen. Maybe if they make me a sultana I can get a cool Fez too... in hot pink with tassels coordinated in color to the liturgical season.

9 comments:

Cathy_of_Alex said...

I'm so tempted to haul Terry onto a plane and crash this thing but, for some bizarre reason, he's afraid of Father Z!

Fr. Gary V. said...

Kat, I will be looking for you at the shrine wearing a hot pink fez with a matching coat and dress pants. LOL
Seriously, I will be there!

Gen said...

There should be a designated meeting spot at the basilica beforehand.

M. Swaim said...

I and my fez missed this event by one week.

Dymphna said...

I'm thinking of going. I'll wear my hot pink veil if I do.

The Crescat said...

Dymphna... you should come! I would love to meet you. I am shooting you an email.

Terry Nelson said...

Cathy is right! I'm terrified - like Fr. Eric, I'm sure he has guns.

Kat - do not throw yourself at Fr. Z - be lady-like.

Get a photo of Dymphna - For some reason I imagine her to be like Nina from 3rd Rock From the Sun - the only one with any sense in the office.

nazareth priest said...

Oh, crap.
All this fun and I can't be there...
story of my life.
I just hope someone will make a video, or as Marcin suggested, a live streaming video (is that whatcha call it?) of the proceedings...
we'll have the Mass on EWTN; I don't think they'll have the "after-party".
I miss out on EVERYTHING:<)!

3puddytats said...

Hopefully Fr Z will have a blognic sometime WEST of the Miss..

And Terry--guns aren't so bad..they keep away the creepy boyfriends.. :)

Sara