Monday, April 12, 2010

Ok, boys & girls. Repeat after me...

... never never never book hotels in foreign countries under the influence of alcohol. In my case, a lot of alcohol. After 4 vodka & tonics your criteria for accommodations changes and takes a turn for the worst. Case in point...

We thought it would be funny as hell to book a night in an uber trendy hotel in Zurich that has a trance club downstairs and where the decor looks like an Ikea bomb exploded in it.

"Welkome to z 'otel. Evry room haz speekers for da trahnz muzak. Glo-styx are 5 euro."

10 comments:

scuppered said...

Hmmm. Already I'm worried about you and you haven't even left yet.
Vicarious travel can be daunting. My college-aged daughter once called me from the airport in Beijing with the report that someone had apparently stolen her wallet.She had, in fact, placed it in a little-used pocket of her enormous travel bag, but I aged about five years with that call.

fuinseoig said...

I can see that bail money fund is going to get good use :-)

Terry Nelson said...

I would have booked that hotel sober!

The Crescat said...

I bet you would have. Damn it man, I wish you were going with me. Did you know, smoking marijuana is legal in Zurich. HA! Those crazy Europeans.

nazareth priest said...

Sounds like fun! (Maybe).
You might need liquor to endure that whole escapade...we'll be waiting for details:<)!

Nan said...

np, I was just going to suggest that she administer alcohol to endure the trance club hotel.

Kat, please provide audio and video. Unless I stay with circus performers in St. Petersburg, I'm gonna have nothing to compare.

nazareth priest said...

Uhm, I have to ask (I've been cloisterd for over twenty years!)...what is a "trance club"?:<)!

Dymphna said...

Fr. I'm a laywoman and I don't know what a trance club is. It sounds kinda noisy.

Terry Nelson said...

Dance - trance: continuous techno dance music - kinda sorta like disco.

Kat - I know!

nazareth priest said...

Thanks, Terry!
I thought "eet vas das sherman accent, yah?!"