Tuesday, July 06, 2010

gifts of immeasurable value ...

... there's really nothing remarkably about turning thirty five other than becoming an official cougar, as defined by Urban Dictionary. It's no major milestone. But this year I received one gift that made this year memorable. No, it's not jewelry, designer clothes or even a gadget on some kind. Those things, while nice for other women, hold no special value to me.

This is the year I received the best gift ever... a first class relic, the first one I've ever owned, of Bl. Francis Xavier Seelos! I've had in my possession a holy card with a third class relic on my altar for some time now. At one time he was my patron saint for a particular year. Every since he sort adopted a special place in my heart.

You can imagine how surprised I was to receive a first class relic, even more so, because the gift giver had no idea of my special connection to Bl. Seelos. I have always said the Saints in heaven seek us out. For several years I was stalked by St. Anthony. He's a relentless Saint, that Anthony.

I don't care if anyone thinks I'm macabre to be this beside myself over a piece of bone. I can honestly say with all sincerity that this is the most touching thing anyone has ever given me.



Bl. Francis Xavier Seelos, ora pro nobis.

Thank you, R.C. Thank you...

16 comments:

Mark Scott Abeln said...

Oooooh, Blessed Seelos has a special veneration here in Saint Louis, at two separate churches no less.

Terry Nelson said...

Happy Birthday Kat. Great gift!

Andrea said...

wow cool!! happy bday indeed!

s-p said...

That is awesome. I was given some relics a couple years ago and it was incredibly humbling to be entrusted with them. May St. Seelos bless you!

Suburbanbanshee said...

He is awesome. And the great thing is, he worked in so many states....

Mark Scott Abeln said...

I just remembered!

I asked for the intercession of Bl. Seelos for a special intention regarding YOU!

Lola said...

Happy Birthday!

What a wonderful gift!

Rick said...

Happy birthday

Just another mad Catholic said...

Happy Birthday and WOW!!

scuppered said...

Wow. I'm perhaps more envious of you than when I was a little girl, and my best friend got a horse named King for her birthday.
Happy Birthday, kiddo.

3puddytats said...

From one cougar to another--
Get your PURR on :)

The guys just keep getting cuter and cuter :)

Sara

Just another mad Catholic said...

Oh dear oh dear the Airforce Girl and the Nursing student are out in force :) Sorry girls but you do know I hope to enter a monastary next year don't you? (just to taunt you I shall send kat a picture of me in Casscok and Cotta to post on the blog).

going back to Relics I confess I would love to get my hands on a 1st Class relic of either of my Patronesses St. Philomena and St. Mary Magdalene........ when hell freezes over.

Marco de Puna said...

A very happy and blessed birthday!

G said...

Geez, now I'm going to have to confess ENVY...what an awesome way for Fr Seelos to be sure you know how much he loves you...I couldn't really give you anymore evidence than his bone!

Anthony S. "Tony" Layne said...

Great gift for your birthday ... kid! :^)=)

kiapokspika said...

wow, good one, but I also have many!

molto bene!