Thursday, October 14, 2010

small successes...

... or in my case, minor miracles.

Danielle Bean at Faith & Family has a weekly blog feature asking for moms to recognize their everyday small successes. She asks you to post 3 small triumphs that were accomplished during the week. I'm no domestic diva and it's a good day when everyone gets out of the house on time, so small successes I can handle.

I typically steer away from topics of this nature because, from past experience, things like this can quickly turn competitive. Today I thought I'd play along but I doubt this will make a regular return to blog. It's a cute idea but not really my thing. But if it's something you can get into, post your own and link back at the F&F blog.



1) I made a pot of chili that lasted 8 days. And it was actually edible. We ate chili on hot dogs, on hamburgers, over spaghetti sprinkled with Parmesan cheese and baked in the oven. For eight straight days I cooked! Eight. I never want to see a pot of chili again.

2) I finally colored my grey roots and managed not to get hair dye stains on my ears and forehead. I did go to bed with wet hair and ruined a perfectly good pillow case though.

3) My son introduced me to the new Italian music director at church [The Boy sings in the choir] as his mom who loves Italian men. It's a major step up from pretending he doesn't know me at all. Ah, warms the heart.

So what have you accomplished this week...

8 comments:

stmonicasbridge said...

This definitely made me smile! I understand that pot of chili that never goes away!

Karen said...

I like that The Boy is playing match maker. Wonder if he can snag you a Swiss Guard someday.

#2 make me laugh because it reminded me of your sharpie dying post.

berenike said...

Freezer Is Your Friend! Freezer Is Your Friend!

srsly.

Mimi said...

Heh. As a woman who loves Italian men...giggle.

The Crescat said...

Karen, he's very married.

TCN said...

Cat: The good ones always are.

Denita said...

Send your son over here. Maybe he can hook me up, too.LOL

nazareth priest said...

I've made meals that actually did not sent anyone to the "crapper"...!
Praise Jesus!
I followed up on my phone messages...well, mostly...until yesterday...I gots to do some backwork, here...
I prayed the Office in community, mostly...when I wasn't laying in bed wishing to die...
there's my week...
How's about your's!