Tuesday, October 26, 2010

spiritual takers...

... You know those friends that only call you when they need help moving? Every one has a friend like that. Or maybe you are one. Now apply this to our spiritual lives. Do we only call on God when there is a great need or crisis? Do we only make a point to have Him central in our lives at times when it is most convenient for us?

Of this I'm terribly guilty. I am a spiritual taker.

Sometimes I wonder if I made a daily effort to consult with Him first I wouldn't need to pray myself out of foxhole.


Old Bob said...

For my part, Kat, I'm old enough that almost all the ordinary things that can go wrong have gone wrong. So I can thank God when things go pretty well, because they could be bad. And if they're bad I thank Him they're not worse, because they could be worse and probably will get worse. This is what I call "Murphy Spirituality," and it maybe sounds funny, but it works for me. Anything that keeps up focused on God is good, if you ask me. Take care and God bless.

Rick said...

It's like the Footprints in the Sand.

And whole you're whole enough to give, then more pain comes along. FWIW http://divine-ripples.blogspot.com/2010/11/sweetness-of-pain.html