Thursday, October 14, 2010

when liturgical dancers attack...

... first it was attacking liturgical banners, now this. Maybe The Church will finally cease this ridiculous practice. Sadly, today's news item brings a whole new meaning to the label "liturgical terrorist".

"A suspect, who was identified as Hamdan Mohamed Abdurrahman, infiltrated the congregation and joined the liturgical dancers in front of the altar. He made his way to the front of the group and held up a dagger within four steps of Cardinal Wako, before he was spotted by the Master of Ceremonies..." [source]



Let this serve as a cautionary tale that the only people permitted in the sanctuary should be properly vested men.

H/T to Fr. Blake.

image... dancers putting the Cha Cha in your Alleluia.

8 comments:

Karen said...

I think this has got to be one of the most disturbing pictures of the liturgical "dancers" that I have seen.

Terry Nelson said...

I so wanted to post about this but the episode was so serious I knew my humor would be totally inappropriate - you handles it well.

I wanted to do a Mahoney dance post - so you see how inappropriate that would be.

Other inapropriate news posts I wanted to do was "Was Toonces Driving Again?" as a headline for a post on a famous ambassador's car accident.

And after seeing that in print I will not reveal the other ones.

Terry Nelson said...

not handles - handled.

Adrienne said...

Pictures like that should come with a warning. Like Karen, I find it very disturbing. It makes me want to spew.

Thank goodness dance hasn't come to North Idaho.

Julie said...

"Claim your wholeness"?

The Crescat said...

Toonces!

Rick said...

It is easily to get "properly vested" - as my photo illustrates. What we need are kevlar vestments for the bishops and husky black belt deacons beside him.

Badger Catholic said...

I just puked in the back of my mouth.