Wednesday, October 06, 2010

when stupid can't get any more stupid...

... panicked this morning, when most of the permanent marker wouldn't scrub off my face, I decided to try nail polish remover. I vaguely remembered hearing something some where that it was good for removing paint and glue residue... why not permanent marker on your face? Here's why... probably due to the likelihood it will end up in your eyes. And since this is me we are talking about, the likelihood that stinging alcohol based paint remover will end up burning my retinas is increased by a hundredfold.

Today marks the second time in less than 3 months I showed up for work looking like I had been maced. Well, at least all of this is good for my humility.

There is a reason why nuns are also so damn happy. They can hide a bad hair day under a veil, the habit conceals a myriad of figure flaws and they don't wear makeup. Lucky gals indeed.

9 comments:

Rick said...

I was going to suggest paint thinner but I was worried about possible harmful effects - like blindness or skin irritation. I am sorry that this is happening to you. I remember when St. Theresa of Avila got thrown off a horse and complained to the Lord. The Lord responded, "This is how I treat my friends." St. Theresa retorted, "No wonder, you have so few of them."

tubbs said...

and drop Rose of Lima as a role model, for cryssake.

G said...

Did you try a belt sander?

Just kidding. I love the fact you share this stuff, it's hilarious.

Not grooming related, but having a group of friends over for dinner the other night, and after having a few cocktails whilst I prepared dinner, I noticed a spill on my gas stove and wanted to clean it up. I had just finished cooking, which is germane to this story. So I picked up the metal grate to wipe up the spill...

I hope the blisters on my left hand will finally heal by next week.

Rick said...

BTW, you're not alone. I burned my hand acutely when I tried to make this awesome pyrotechnic effect. My hand was covered with fireworks powder that I gathered to make my super Roman candle. Since the flame keeps dying on my fuse, I decided to just throw a lit match stick on the incendiaries. My eyebrows, eyelids and half of my face got burned together with my right hand.

Ink said...

I wish I'd gotten to this earlier... try baking soda. It's my method for getting most dyes out of my hands.

Suburbanbanshee said...

Sunscreen might also have worked. When I write on my hands, it makes the notes come off....

You poor soul. You're a braver woman than I am.

Stella Oriens said...

Sadly, nail polish remover is not alcohol based but acetone... it's far worse for your corneae than mere alcohol.

But hey, you're a nurse. You know what to do when bad things get into eyes.

Smiley said...

kat
nuns shave their heads totally

Rick said...

This is the reason why I like certain blogs like the Crescat. She does not take herself too seriously and even blogs openly about her foibles and dating disasters. While other women would be mortified, she shares these without any regard for human respect. Humility is truth as St. Theresa of Avila defines it. And the Lord God looks upon the lowliness of His servant - as our Lady proclaims in her Magnificat. Because of this, I think the Crescat is much closer to the Lord than any perfect lady. From: http://divine-ripples.blogspot.com/2010/10/video-christian-spirituality-is-joyous.html