Monday, April 18, 2011

progress...

... At the request of some I installed a little progress meter toward my monetary goal of $1,500. I figured that was enough with airfare being close to $950. I'm not well traveled but I should be ok with $500 for food and bus fare for the week, right? I mean the churches don't charge admission.

If I get detained for man handling a Swiss Guardsman I'm sure my attorney will let me make a payment arrangement and I can sell the story to the Inquirer.

I can't believe I am already over half there. You all have been truly wonderful and generous and I am completely humbled by the outpouring of support and well wishes I have received.

I think I am going to make it this time!

6 comments:

Adrienne said...

I demand a post card from Rome (which in my generosity of spirit can be mailed to me after you return.)

You're going to make it...

Joe @ Defend Us In Battle said...

Since I asked to be your +1 before you were officially blogfamous, I should get something.

Like, if I can fit in a suitcase I can come?
Or, maybe the Pope's Mitre?


I am so happy for you Kat and many prayers are coming your way from Alaska...

J2 said...

I clicked the paypal button. I have to say that I really appreciate your blog...and your use of the word...craptastic! I certainly hope to hear all about your time in Rome with lots of blog posts.

Denita said...

Though I can't afford to donate, I'll keep praying that you'll make it. I know you will. :)

Cruise the Groove. said...

Kat,

Make sure you go to "Santissima Trinitas" the FSSP church in Rome where they offer the Traditional Latin Mass 3 times on Sundays, and twice on every weekday.
They also offer chanted Divine Office.
Here is their site:
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3DSANTISSIMA%2BTRINITA%2BROME%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1T4GGIH_enUS236US239%26prmd%3Divnscm&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=it&twu=1&u=http://roma.fssp.it/english/schedule.html&usg=ALkJrhgrBuTcKM1wrMNU0-7fTgTH7oYPFA

Ingemar said...

Are you bringing The Boy?