Friday, April 08, 2011

remember that volcano...

... the one with all those vowels that completely and utterly ruined my plans to go to Rome last year; in case you need a refresher.

Well, it would appear the Vatican is providing an opportunity to make it up to me. Saints be praised! The Pontifical Council for Social Communications is hosting a blognic, er I mean, a Vatican Meeting of Bloggers. They have 150 seats available. I must, do you hear me, must be in one of those seats.

Here is where you can help. Take a moment and email blogmeet@pccs.it explaining how it simply won't be the same without my presence. Explain to them the unique niche of Catholic I provide to the internet, how I am the perfect embodiment of Papistry and I shun all the negative back biting and arm chair theological pontificating. I exist solely to blog about beauty and my love for the Church, that and I am wicked awesome.

16 comments:

Hilary Jane Margaret White said...

I've been to quite a few Vatican conferences now and I can tell you that you will have trouble keeping awake. Trust me. These things are designed to ensure early-onset Alzheimer's.

cliff said...

Duty done.

Terry Nelson said...

Oh! Maybe Fr. Z will finally be able to return to his diocese?

Anthony S. Layne said...

Happy to oblige.

Fr. Erik Richtsteig said...

Dang it, that is the day before Confirmation here. You can have my seat.

Ink said...

It's AP Week, so I can't be the representative for CF. Go Crescat go!

Adrienne said...

I also did my duty but left out the part about tackling the Vatican guards.

Just another mad Catholic said...

Of course I remember the volcano Kat; it lead to me overstaying my planned visit to Portugal by over a week.

s-p said...

Done. From a non-Catholic at that... :)

jceomi said...

Have you gone to confession yet? If not there is not enough evidence to convict you yet, and you should not be so presumptuous as to think you must be a representatve at this meeting. You see your niche is no niche at all but the same egoism of the masses wrapped in a false piety

s-p said...

Better honest pride than false humility.

Smiley said...

do i wrte about your wish to snag a papal guard and stalk Mons Ganswein?

The Crescat said...

jceomi... I have a friend named Sarcasm. Perhaps I should introduce you.

Mimi said...

I hope you are able to go :)

Ivy said...

Hope you get an invite. At least you are being honest...the Z-man is telling his cyberflock that his participation in the blog meeting is contingent on the donations he receives- to get an airline ticket in time. Never mind whether he is invited or not...And he closed the combox so no one can question him.
Thanks for the email address. We can now encourage invites,and, of course, discourage invites as well....

Smiley said...

Hey Kat

YOu made it to the Catholic Register

http://www.catholicregister.org/dorothy-cummings-mclean/invited-or-not-here-we-come

For years now, Catholic bloggers have sponsored polls and gathered statistics to determine the most popular English-language Catholic bloggers. They are not bishops or the heads of Catholic TV stations. They are Fr. Zuhldorf of What Does the Prayer Really Say?, Rocco Palma of Whispers in the Loggia and Mark Shea of Catholic and Enjoying It. They include Damian Thompson, chief of England’s the Telegraph blogs, and Kat Fernandez, single mother and writer of The Crescat. They include a nun known only as Sr. Mary Martha, writer of Ask Sr. Mary Martha. They tend to be American. Sixty per cent of the readers of my Seraphic Singles blog are Americans.