Monday, April 25, 2011

Roman roundup...

... I hope you all had a blessed Easter.

I leave for Rome in 2 days, until then I doubt I will be doing much blog updating. I have a lot to do at work in preparation of my absence and even more to do at home. As soon as I return home May 5th, I have two days until my son receives First Holy Communion, so I have to make sure all those arrangements are in order too before I leave.

I wanted to briefly fill everyone in on some of the exciting news and plans I have while I am over there. I am going to be meeting a Swiss Guard [min 15:30 in the video], I even have his phone number. Hilarity to ensue. I get to tour the Vatican Radio station and give an interview. And I will be meeting with some wonderful bloggers. Oh, and I am meeting a Swiss Guard. What, I mentioned that already?

If you are going to the Vatican blog meeting May 2nd, or the Other Blognic @ Scholar's on the 3rd, or you are just going to be in Rome for the Beatification drop me a line. Maybe more hilarity can ensue.

Also, I will have limited internet access while over seas. I decided to not take my laptop. I know, lame. Not laptop at a blog meeting. Really though, next to my car the computer is the second most expensive thing I own. Should it be damaged, lost, or stolen by gypsies I'd really be screwed. So using my best judgment I am only taking my smart phone and a totally awesome Nikon camera I was loaned to take pictures with. Speaking of pictures, upon my return I am writing an article that may appear in the Catholic News & Herald and the Charlotte Observer... pending coherency and literacy standards.

I will be uploading photos to facebook and twitter, so make sure to follow me on twitter to stay updated on all that hilarity. I have also set up a public photobucket folder.

Donations... I removed the paypal button because I reached my goal and wasn't trying to be opportunistic. But I few of you, bless your generous hearts, had saved the link and made a few more donations and others have asked for me to put the link back up. For them I have included the link. Be assured though, I have accomadations and travel and food money. If you wish to donate I am, of course, grateful but I want to let you know that it is not expected or needed though always appreciated.






Lastly, I am completely moved by all the prayer requests. I know it sounds corny but I really feel like I am taking you all with me.

20 comments:

Smiley said...

You can take me with you, but i assure you, you are on your own when you start manhandling them swiss guards.
By the way, you know Swiss cheese has holes in it, me thinks the same applies for Swiss guards. Or they could be like swiss chocolate, full of nougat

+JMJ+ said...

Now all you need arranged is a meeting with Gorgeous George!

The Ironic Catholic said...

Good luck! Glad to hear about the writing afterwards! Hope to see you soon.

lettersfromchristine said...

You're going to turn me into a Swiss Guard fan, Crescat. ;-)

God bless you on your journey and don't get too worried about roma (gypsies), just keep your wits about you. *prayers

NBW said...

Have a wonderful time and enjoy yourself! Enjoy the cappuccino & espresso's too!

Rosemary said...

Will be sending up prayers for you (and "the boy"). Have a wonderful and blessed time! ;) Rosemary

Dom said...

Have a wonderful trip! Happy Easter! God bless!

Sheep 1 said...

Looking forward to reading all about your adventures. I hope that the Guardian Angels make sure everything goes smoothly.
Kay

Terry Nelson said...

Have a wonderful pilgrimage - if you can, just remind Jesus that I have many problems and need his mercy. Thanks. Prayers for a safe trip.

Denita said...

Happy journey! BTW I have a prayer request. Please pray for my Catholic Daughters of the Americas Court Louise ladies and their families. Also, pray that I myself will be able to afford to make a pilgrimage to Philadelphia. Thanks.

MCK said...

Have a safe and productive and holy trip, Kat! I'm so excited that you get to go. Can't wait to hear stories!!

(I quietly follow most of the time on here - I'm a grad student Catholic blogger so I'm very envious of your selection!)

Maryjohn said...

Oh Kat, I do so pray that you have the very BEST time! Can hardly wait for you to tell us all about it when you get back.

Please pray for Jackie G. and my daughter Rachel.
I am grateful for this and will be praying for your safe return.

Mimi said...

Christ is Risen!
Traveling Mercies! Enjoy!

Marco de Puna said...

Aloha and a blessed Easter.

So happy for you Kat!!

Apparently the commander of the Swiss Guards knows you are on your way - the last time they wore their armor was in 1967! Pack a can opener!

http://www.daylife.com/photo/0dIE0BS0F3257?__site=daylife&q=pope

Have a fabulous time!

Lola said...

Traveling Mercies!

I hope you love every wonderful bit.


I keep thinking you should wear Red when you get your picture taken with the Swiss Guards.

Nan said...

Who gave you a Swiss Guard?

Your homeowner's insurance would cover laptop, less deductible. My laptop was stolen in Moscow.

TMitchell said...

I'm so happy for you! Congratulations! You deserve it. Pray for us, as we are most certainly praying for you!

Jane said...

I hope you have a wonderful trip, and that a handsome Swiss Guard falls in love with you at first sight. Safe travels!

Marie said...

Kat- Could you please also pray for the continued health and strength of our newborn premature son? (And his older brothers too?) Thank you so much Kat, bless you on your trip! I am so happy you are going. It makes me feel so good to know that 'one of us' can get into one of these things. (Please take that with the love and good will it was intended.)

Dvora said...

Kat, I'll know not to worry if you don't make the next move in our Scrabble game until next week!! I'm praying for your safety and for deep spiritual fulfillment.