Tuesday, June 21, 2011

so you say you want a revolution...

... even in my most virulent stages of feminism nothing irked me more then cohabitation. I never understood why my fellow Feministas would allow themselves to be used to such a measure without a ring and a wedding date. It's the equivalent of allowing yourself to be a live in maid and concubine. I mean really! I can see where this living arrangement would be advantageous to the male but not the female. They never had a sound argument against my protests other than to tsk and tut at my antiquated notions of courtships. If your only rebuttal is "that's so old fashioned" and "no one does that anymore" you really don't have a legitimate counter argument do you? At least not a logically sound one.

By day I am a mild mannered agent in a real estate company. This jobs presents me with all various living arrangements, yet I still bristle at cohabitation. Thankfully, no one comes to me for customer service which provides me a certain degree of freedom. Now it's my turn to tsk and tut.

Sometimes I like to have a little fun, mostly I just want to scream.

Stupid stupid girls. You think are practicing your "right" to sexual promiscuity disguised as liberation. Here's what men really think, taken from a phone conversation I just had...

"Hey, I wanted to give my notice to vacate when my lease expires. I'm going to be moving in with my girlfriend. Congratulations? For what? Oh, no we aren't getting married. It's just cheaper if she pays half the rent and bills. I'm trying to save money. You know, with the economy and all."

Not only are you, dear girls, not getting paid for your maid services and sexual favors... you are now giving away your hard earned money to some man whose going to treat you like a housekeeping whore.

That's some "liberation and equality" we fought for, eh?

12 comments:

Dr. Eric said...

Best

Post

Evah!

Especially when you add in the hilarious anecdotes from the links. I seriously hope some of those women dumped those losers.

Anonymous said...

I'm very traditional in my views too (married long ago at age 18) but wow, you sound as if you have no idea how wonderful men really are and can be! A roomate to share expenses, a companion and friend, and yes the sex, all of that people, and women sincerely, do enjoy from their cohabitation situations!

Piotrek said...

Advantageous to a male? I wanna know what I missed out on. Frankly, I pity the fools.

The Crescat said...

Anon, the only thing a same sex roommate cannot provide, from your list of advantageous, is the sex. So you're proving my point.... a girl moving in with her boyfriend is not going to get one step closer to the altar. She is just a live in/on call sexual object. Why would any women allow themselves to degraded as such is beyond me.

Gail F said...

You are so right, Cat! It is like living on fast food. Yeah, you can do it, and yeah, it tastes okay, but you're giving up all the other great food for the "just okay" food, and it's not as good for you as the real thing. You're settling. Why settle for whoever is convenient? And why would you want a guy who settles for YOU? I'm worth more than that and so is everyone else.

Anonymous said...

Don't get me wrong, I do see your point! And I'm not advocating unmarried cohabitation for anyone. But men and women ARE different, and men do make a kind of friend that can be so wonderful and in different way than just another girlfriend! Not only the sex!

Joseph M said...

Ha! This reminded me of a comment about Mo Dowd by George Weigel via a link on First Things:

"The difference between them is that Archbishop Dolan can rationally defend the articles in the Creed, while Maureen Dowd is impervious to the massive empirical evidence that demonstrates that the sexual revolution has been a snare and a delusion for a) women, b) children, c) men, d) marriage, e) family stability, and f) the country’s political culture (cf. Clinton, William Jefferson [whom Dowd helped save in 1998])."

we are simply not permitted to notice what a living hell the sexual revolution has created for so many people.

Anita Moore said...

"Hey, I wanted to give my notice to vacate when my lease expires. I'm going to be moving in with my girlfriend. Congratulations? For what? Oh, no we aren't getting married. It's just cheaper if she pays half the rent and bills. I'm trying to save money. You know, with the economy and all."

And pretty soon she's going to be paying all the rent, and all the bills, because he can't hold down a job because his bosses are such liars...then she's going to be bonding his ass out of jail...then she's going to be paying his fines, and paying to have his driver's license reinstated...and before you know it, she's going to be taking care of his kids all alone while he's away in prison or impregnating some other fool.

Feminism: making the world safe for neanderthals.

Anita Moore said...

By the way, I think you use the word "man" a little loosely in that second-to-last sentence. A real man would not be guilty of the behavior described in this post.

Anthony S. Layne said...

I like the tag — Feminism is Misogynistic. Second-wave feminism didn't really make women equal to men so much as make equality based on how much women could act like men; anything that smacked of an authentic biological difference got thrown under the bus.

Rebekah said...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/10/06/AR2005100602239.html

Katherine T. Lauer said...

You go girl. LOVE it.