Sunday, July 10, 2011

on senility...

... I really enjoy blogging. Even when I had that scare once; the realization that I will ultimately be judged for everything I say and write. Yikes. Now there's a sobering thought.

I can only apologize for my words and remove regrettable posts so often before the lesson sinks in. The lesson; there are certain community standards that one must adhere to. I used to think being an individual and 'free thinker' meant I could say whatever I want regardless of who may be hurt. It was my opinion and I was entitled to express it. Entitled. Aren't we all so entitled? Really though, it just exhibited a tremendous lack of maturity on my part.

Now I try to think before I blog. Which is more than I can say for my speech. Sadly, I have still have a lot of work to do. But it's a start. So yes, I do think before I post. I even pray before I post. In fact, I pray a lot about this blog. Is it a source of pride? Who am I glorifying, myself or God?

I think my biggest problem is turning blog mode off. I've actually written blog posts on church bulletins... during a homily! I know. I just get an idea and it keeps going and going and I can't rest till I'm positive it's safely tucked away for future reference. These behaviors worry me. I'm a neurotic or addicted. Or worse, both?

Anyway, today is my birthday... so it's probably just old age.

16 comments:

Mrs. Rudd said...

Happy birthday! And many happy returns of the day.

Old Bob said...

Happy birthday wishes from . . . uh, what's my name again? ;-)

Kay said...

Happy birthday Kat! Hope you have a great year.

LarryD said...

Happy Birthday, Kat! All the great bloggers are born in July, have you noticed?

Owen said...

Happy Birthday. God bless you and The Boy in the coming year.

P.S. What you're looking for, perhaps, just saying is called a journal. They make 'em out of paper and electronic stuff.

Anonymous said...

Happy B-Day!

What kind of cigar are you smoking?

Dan

Adrienne said...

Happy Birthday, Kat. You have a ways to go before senility sets in - at least a year or two...

Terry Nelson said...

Happy B-day Kat'o'tonic! Anyway - blogging is like a cancer - get it? You and Larry are Cancer people.

Anyway - I don't believe in that.

BTW - Unfortunately I've composed blog posts during the homily too. And I repent and repent and repent.

Happy Birthday!

Jacque said...

Happy Birthday Kat... even if you do delete my posts!I still like to read your blog.

The Crescat said...

Jacque, thank you for the birthday wishes. I do not hold grudges so I know not of what you speak.

Tim said...

Happy Birthday!

brjeromeleo said...

Blessed Birthday, Kat. Prayers for you and the Boy!

Piotrek said...

If it distracts you during prayer, it's bad for you. That's why passions are to be mortified if one is to attain perfection or even make progress in spiritual life.

Today's Gospel reading addresses that.

Charles Culbreth said...

Belated greetings, blessings and congrats, Kat.
I, like Marat-Sade, slowly sank into the warm waters of turning the Big Freaking Six Zero a week ago today.
Ten years ago, at 50, partied like it was Dec.31, 1999 and I was Prince.
Last Tuesday, the early special with the little woman at 5pm after singin' a funeral! So under the radar.
They say it gets better; I believe 'em.
But don't sell creeping senility short, especially when blogging.
Remember what PT Barnum said....or was it Mark Twain....Abe Lincoln.... oh, who the f*** cares?
What's on the TV, hon?
And you'd better tighten my velcro arm straps a little more, hon.

Denita said...

Happy Birthday, a little late;
I'M the senile one..
Enjoy your "stogie". lol

Lola said...

Happy Birthday Kat!

You and I nearly share the same day.

As a kid, didn't you hate the fact that you couldn't bring cupcakes to school?