Friday, September 02, 2011

there's a snake in my boot...

... I refer to my home as the Plague of Frogs. If you venture out at night you must watch your step. Nothing is grosser than stepping on a frog barefoot. Believe me, I know. It goes without saying that my property is infested with snakes as well which, for the most part, managed to keep to themselves... until now.

I was greeted by an Eastern Kingsnake while taking out the trash. My son is outside right now peeing around the perimeter of the house. I doubt it will work but he was more than willing to happily oblige.

I guess this means I have to add another animal to my menagerie to keep the snakes at bay.

14 comments:

Babs said...

Your place sounds like a delight to visit.

jdonliturgy said...

Riki Tiki Tavi... mongoose!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY7Rxae4pjU
when you grow up, you have to kill your own snakes!

Old Bob said...

Mongoose. Good luck!

Hilary Jane Margaret White said...

interesting. is this a seasonal thing?


Kingsnake won't hurt you. but best to stey out of the garden at night.

margaret said...

Peeing around the perimeter of the house? Oh LOL - got to love little boys!

Connecticut Catholic Corner said...

I either read or heard Mother Angelica on EWTN say that they spread sulfur in the yard to keep snakes away. It stinks but it works.

Dorian Speed said...

Perhaps consider fostering a Honey Badger? (Language Advisory)

Anthony S. Layne said...

Sounds like you live near a swamp or bayou ....

Smiley said...

Why are you stamping on the toads when you should be licking them?

Terry Nelson said...

I think snakes eat rodents - so that's good news if you have mice.

Maryjohn said...

Terry - it isn't very good news for the rodents!

scotju said...

When I was at the Monster Bash in late June, a small snake went between my legs during the Drive-In movie night. Thankfully, the criiter wasn't vemonous!

The Digital Hairshirt said...

What?! THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL! Dolly Girl and I will be right over!!!

Baron Korf said...

Late to the party as per usual, but Kingsnakes are good. They eat other snakes. Even poisonous ones.